Rabu, 06 Agustus 2014

walk the talk

it is easy when you and your friend talk about how you imagine your future will be. you may have this big picture in your head about where you see yourself in the next 5 years. maybe you're planning to study in UK while your best friend think about study in Japan or work in Netherland. then, in the next 5 years all of you have this little family and a great life.

but, have you ever tried to walk the talk?

i'm facing it now. this is pretty scary, actually, and not as easy as the talk. i know that in a couple of months, i and my best friends are gonna go in different paths. take our own journey, walk our own line, living our own dream. it scares me to think that maybe i'm gonna be all alone along the journey. without my best friends -- those i'm imagining my future with.

to be honest, i've been too long in this comfort zone: feeling safe around them, taking less risk, playing an easy game, and not taking myself seriously because i know i'm gonna be okay as long as they're with me. now that farewell is inevitable and coming closer as i count down the days, i have to be ready when the time is coming for me to stand on my own feet.

just like they said: to make your dreams come true, you have to wake up.

0 komentar: